Whilst I was flicking through an old copy of “This England” magazine, and it is a lovely quarterly publication, I read this poem and liked it immensely. It fits in completely with my belief that once we have let go of the past we can really concentrate on the future and truly enjoy our lives.
Walking Tall by Patience Strong
Yesterday’s steps you can’t retrace, by slowing down or quickening pace,
changing course or turning back – You still will be on the same old track.
The only change worthwhile you’ll find, will be a change of heart and mind
– leading and directing you – on towards that lovely view.
Keep to the rules and bear you load, along the rough and rutted road,
on that wayside seat awhile – gathering strength for the second mile.
Keeping an eye on that distant height, that draws you on by day and night
– walking tall and walking straight – the better world to recreate.
Latest posts by Dave Sabat (see all)
- Nobody owes you a living… - September 9, 2013
- NHS Drug Free Hernia Operation (Only Hypnosis) – Big Thanks. - December 19, 2012
- NHS should offer hypnosis as standard says new report - October 23, 2012